Wendy immigrated from Australia to United States in 1971, and has lived in Fort Lauderdale, since 1973. Her family moved to Nigeria for one year in 1978, and these experiences have had a profound influence on her art. She graduated from Florida Atlantic University in 1984 with a Bachelor’s Degree that included a focus on art courses. A life-long learner and a self-taught practitioner, Ms. Nicholas has been active in the South Florida studio arts scene since 1994. She has exhibited widely at a variety of venues in and around the Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach areas and also Philadelphia and New York. She continues to attend various seminars and master classes offered by artists whose interest align with her own.
Her juried art shows include:
– International Society of Experimental Artists
– National Association of Women Artists
– NAWA FL.
– National Collage Society
– Broward Art Guild “Art of Florida”
Her solo and joint exhibitions include:
– Delray Museum of Art
– Coral Springs Museum of Art
– Sunrise Civic Center
– Glass Gallery, Pembroke Pines FL
– Stirling Road Library, Hollywood Fl.
– Rossetti Fine Art Gallery, Wilton Manors, FL